“Mindfulness is paying attention to the moment with kindness and curiosity”It can be done anytime and any where.
As your know, mindful meditation is a rapidly growing and consistently effective alternative treatment for ADHD. But how do you get your teen — who is more likely to trust his Instagram followers than you — to practice it? Believe it or not, it can be done — with the right strategies and tips, any parent can get their teen to harness the power of mindfulness.
Mindfulness builds emotional intelligence; increases attention and focus; minimizes stress, anxiety, and low self-esteem; and boosts happiness. What’s more, research now shows that mindfulness significantly enhances what psychologists call “flourishing”— a state of mind that encourages individuals to embrace life and not avoid it. The key is to explore and determine which mindfulness activities will suit your teen, based on his or her learning style, interests, and attention span.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- how mindfulness improves executive functions in teens
- how to transform your teen’s fight-or-flight reflex into “attend and befriend”
- how to use mindfulness to manage screen-time battles and more
- practical ways to integrate mindfulness into your teen’s everyday life
- the science of stress and how it holds you and your kids back
- the benefits of mindful eating
- how to find the time in your busy family life to practice mindfulness together
Webinar replays include:
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about ADHD
- here is the link to the page so that you can sign up for the replay https://www.additudemag.com/webinar/mindfulness-meditation-teens-with-adhd/