Simple changes or thinking outside of the box can greatly enhance concentration and focus!
Here are a few ideas that come to mind:
* 5 minute movement breaks
* Water – drink a glass before you get started and have more on hand as you do your work. The oxygen in water helps to oxygenate your brain 🙂 The brain is 80% water! When it is dehydrated, it impairs your cognition. So drink plenty of water, that is 1/2 of your body weight in ounces a day!
* Start each day with a protein filled breakfast to help boost your concentration and focus
* Eat good fats! The solid weight of your brain is 60% fat. Krill/fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids and is essential for focusing. Omega-3 can also be found in salmon, avocados, walnuts, sardines, chia seeds, and dark green leafy vegetables.
* Eat multi-colored foods, Eat the Rainbow to boost levels of antioxidants and keeps your brain young!
* Spices can assist as well – cinnamon, garlic & oregano increase blood flow to the brain which increases attention/concentration; rosemary, thyme & sage increases memory
* Decrease or remove processed foods and sugars in your diet.
* Use silly putty or other non-messy hand fidgets that you can squeeze
* Chew gum
* Use background music/ambient sounds
* Doodling helps some with concentration & focus
* Use chair leg bands
* Use a weighted stability ball as your seat
* Try a fidget seat
* Try a swivel or wobble chair
* Try a standing desk of a flexible work station
Give some or all of these a try and see if they help. Alternatively, book a consultation with BrainAzium and we can review it in more detail as it relates to you.